Founded by Andrew Chomko in 1905 at the corner of South 7th Ave and Scranton Street and moved to our present location in 1925. The building remained the same until 1974 when Ed Sr. began a large renovation and expansion project. In 1988 and 1990 additional adjoining land was acquired for expansion and parking. In 1997 a large addition was added and the renovation of the building was undertaken. In 2001 an additional two properties were acquired for the convenience of off street light parking.
Edward J. Chomko Sr.
Scranton St. Patrick’s High School class of 1967
United States Army 1967 – 1970
1st Infantry Division –
1 year tour in Vietnam 101st Airborne Division
1 year tour in Vietnam
Graduate of the Pennsylvania State University V.P. of Veterans Club
Graduate of Simmons School of Mortuary Science
Jefferson School of Medicine for Seminars of Eye Nucleation, Organ Donation, and Pathological Science Courses.
Memberships and Associations:
Life Member: Post 908
American Legion, Post 7069
Veterans of Foreign Wars, AMVETS, 82nd Airborne Association, Disabled American Veterans, Vietnam Veterans of America, Vietnam Memorial Association
Knights of Columbus
4th Degree, American Ukrainian Veterans,Wounded Warrior Project, USO, PA Funeral Directors Association, Lackawanna Funeral Directors Association.
Andrew J Chomko
Born and raised in West Scranton
West Scranton Senior High School class of 2003
United States Army 2003-2007 -Airborne Ranger – 1st Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment, Hunter Army Airfield/Savannah, GA – 4 combat deployments in support of the Global War on Terror.
Lackawanna College class of 2010; Business Administration -Helped with the start of the re-organization of the Veterans Club at Lackawanna -Graduated Cum-laude – Phi Theta Kappa
Northampton Community College class of 2017; Mortuary Science
Certified Crematory Operator
American Ukrainian Veterans Association active member since 2006
Knights of Columbus 2nd Degree
Testimonial and Thank You Cards